Sunday, November 7, 2010

Even if you don't like the pie.......I'm 97% sure you will like these

So with fall still in the air, you are basically seasonally obligated to create delicious food made with pumpkin. I know I missed the mark in posting this back in October, but hey, it's still pre-Thanksgiving, so if any of you would like to make this stuff, there is still ample time. I usually make this for mulitiple events and people always love it (thanks to Aunt Leigh Ann sharing her recipe).

Pumpkin Sheet Cake

1 can (15 oz) solid-pack pumpkin
2 cups sugar
1 cup veg oil
4 eggs
2 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinammon
1/2 tsp salt
(**I sometimes put in 12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips)

In mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar and oil. Add eggs, mix well. Combine four, baking soda, cin. and salt- add to pumpkin mix and beat well until well blended. Pour into greased 9 by 13" pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 min.
** you can make cupcakes instead- should make between 24 and 36 cupcakes
**also can make pumpkin bread instead and forgo the icing

Frosting:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
4 TBSP butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups conf sugar
3-4 tsp milk (see how you like the consistency- can add more if wish)


*For frosting- i only use this recipe if I'm making the sheet cake- I will use a more solid cream cheese frosting if I'm doing cupcakes.

Pumpkin Pancakes


2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree (i just substitue a cup of canned pumpkin)
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar

Mix pumpkin, milk, egg, veg oil, and vinegar. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add together, mix well and scoop around 1/4 cup onto a medium hot griddle. You know the rest.

Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try that pumpkin sheet cake! Yummmy. Hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second AG's comment. I am making that cake this week, looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete